Thursday, February 4, 2010

a year of blessings

a dear friend of mine, whom i miss dearly and really try to emulate, last year did her blog about all her blessings. i thought i would try it this year seeing i do have so much to be thankful for. it will really help me stay postive each week seeing what little things i am blessed with in my life. there is so much i take for granted. so each week i will post a blessing that i have in my life. i hope it's not too boring for you all!
my first blessing is family dinners. one thing growing up is we always had dinner together as a family. i actually thought everyone did until i got married and saw that some families are just "too busy" to eat together. thanks mom for enstilling this value in my life to pass down to my children.


3 comments:

Erin said...

Funny cartoon! Totally reminds me of Ellie's prayers: "And please bless that food that we'll like it and it'll taste good." Which translates to: "And please make this disgusting chicken taste like chocolate." :)

Minwimm said...

I know who you are talking about ;) It is a great idea. Can't wait to see all your blessings.

Kass said...

Yea! I'm looking forward to reading your blessings this year! Family dinner is my fav't time of the day. The cartoon is awesome. It's a good thing I have pretty thick skin w/ the comments my kids make about dinner some nights :)